Danielle Putnam specializes in business development and marketing operations, Danielle’s passion is to build thriving companies. When she’s not training for the next 1/2 marathon or traveling to a quiet beach with a good book…she’s talking to Contractors nationwide about how they truly can double, triple and quadruple their sales with The New Flat Rate – Menu Pricing Made Easy.
Jim Hinshaw, promoted to VP of Vertical Markets at Service Nation, overseas HVAC, Plumbing and Connected Home verticals. Jim has been involved with Service Nation for over two decades as a consultant, and joined full-time in 2020. He is now part of a great, growing team that helps companies grow and prosper, providing day-to-day management systems and techniques, up to and including exit strategies.
- Introduction to the episode: Jim and Danielle discuss the upcoming Service World Expo and Business Uncensored events. [0:00]
- Introducing guests Danielle Putnam and Jim Hinshaw. Danielle is the president of The New Flat Rate and Jim is the Vice President of Sales at Service Nation. [0:17]
- Conversation on how Danielle Putnam’s company The New Flat Rate offers menu pricing, coaching and training, and ride alongs with techs across the US and Canada. [7:58]
- Service Nation’s and The New Flat Rate’s decision to combine forces to put together a comprehensive conference that covers a wide array of business topics. [9:27]
- Announcement of the upcoming event in Phoenix, Arizona at the convention center. [13:19]
- The Joseph Grow Foundation golf tournament as the event kickoff. [13:42]
- Highlighting Lou Habika’s story: Lou Habika, owner of Habika Services, sold the business but stayed on as the general manager. [32:55]
- Success story of Renee Lucas: Renee Lucas aims to generate $5-6 million in revenue while spending five months traveling. [34:06]
- The joy of building and running a business: Jim and Danielle discuss the purpose and fulfillment that come from building and running a business, even after selling it. [36:29]
- Importance of early registration: Jim and Danielle encourage listeners to register early and plan ahead for the event. They mention the two-for-one pass offer and a promo code for a discounted rate. [48:46]
- Conclusion and closing remarks: Jim and Danielle express their excitement for the upcoming events and thank the listeners for tuning in. To learn more about the event and register, visit serviceworldexpo.com. Reach out to Jim or Danielle for any questions. [52:03]
Resources And People Mentioned:
- Danielle’s Promo Code for Signup BeYou2023
- This episode is kindly sponsored by Sera (visit their website) CompanyCam (visit their website), UpFrog (visit their website) and Emerson (visit their website).
- Visit www.companycam.com/SBM and use code SBM for a free 2-week trial, 1:1 training and account setup, and 50% off your first two months!
- Join the Service Business Mastery Facebook group
Meet the Hosts:
Tersh Blissett is a serial entrepreneur who has created and scaled multiple profitable home service businesses in his small-town market. He’s dedicated to giving back to the industry that has provided so much for him and his family. Connect with him on LinkedIn.
Joshua Crouch has been in the home services industry, specifically HVAC, for 8+ years as an Operations Manager, Branch Manager, Territory Sales Manager, and Director of Marketing. He’s also the Founder of Relentless Digital, where the focus is dominating your local market online. Connect with him on LinkedIn.
Tune in to hear the latest and greatest in business services trends on Service Business Mastery on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and our website.
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Service Business Mastery in your favorite podcast player.