In this episode of Service Business Mastery, Tersh and Josh dive into the insights and experiences of Tom Casey, a veteran in the field of home energy conservation, HVAC design and engineering, and indoor air quality with over three decades of experience. His passion lies in creating homes that are not just comfortable but also safer, healthier, and more energy-efficient. His entrepreneurial skills are evidenced in his successful establishment and operation of three contracting companies: Climate Engineering, Climate Partners, and Dr. Energy Saver of Southern CT.
Currently, apart from consulting in the industry, Casey assists home improvement contractors in generating online leads to enhance their businesses. His unique approach to his field is grounded in practical experience and reality rather than abstract theory or elaborate concepts, which he asserts leads to superior results.
In addition to his hands-on work, Casey is also a respected author and teacher in his field. He has crafted training materials and systems, designed and built training exhibits, and even constructed labs for a national franchise energy training center. This multifaceted involvement in his industry has granted him opportunities to present at industry events and conferences regularly. Moreover, his expertise is frequently sought for contribution in some of the leading home and industry publications.
- Life-altering close call and transformation – 01:23
- Discussion on the Peter Principle and the Law of the Lid – 06:09
- The issue of inadequate training for managers – 09:45
- Exploring the role of managers in home services – 12:22
- Delving into the concept of the lid – 14:02
- Daily reevaluation of the customer journey – 19:35
- Strategies for enhancing customer shopping experiences – 22:30
- Focusing on the customer experience – 25:44
- The importance of simplicity – 29:26
- Effective techniques for establishing strong customer connections – 31:00
- The challenges faced in dispatch roles – 35:09
- Managing customer appointment scheduling – 37:12
- Addressing technicians’ aversion to being on-call – 41:23
- Prioritizing profitability in planning – 44:00
Resources And People Mentioned:
This episode was produced by Reignite Media and promoted by Relentless Digital.
Tune in to hear the latest and greatest in business services trends on Service Business Mastery on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and our website.
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Service Business Mastery in your favorite podcast player.