Hosts Tersh Blissett and Josh Crouch welcome Ken Goodrich and Billy Stevens to the Service Business Mastery podcast, where they discuss mergers and acquisitions in the HVAC industry. Goodrich and Stevens, who possess a wealth of experience in the home service sector, offer their insights into the increasing EBITDA multiples and how home service entrepreneurs can benefit from these trends.
The conversation also delves into the importance of cultivating a strong company culture and creating a business model where technicians have opportunities for growth. Additionally, the guests shared their views on leveraging technology to enhance efficiency and profitability. Home service entrepreneurs looking for industry insights and growth strategies should not miss this engaging episode.
- Introducing Ken Goodrich and Billy Stevens [0:00]
- Ken shares the history of Goettl [06:36]
- Ken discusses his past experiences with acquisitions and building businesses. [09:51]
- Workforce development [14:49]
- Taking advantage [15:32]
- Increasing efficiency [18: 20]
- Ken and Billy discuss the importance of marketing in the HVAC industry [21: 18]
- The Birth of Sera [22: 39]
- The Myth of Growth [25:20]
- The Power of Average People [28:20]
- The Importance of Technology in Business Today [30:38]
- The Future of Software and Home Service Companies [31:44]
- Improving Business Efficiency [32:48]
- The Best Businesses are the Boring Businesses [33:28]
- The Future of Technology [33: 54]
Resources And People Mentioned:
- Consider selling your HVAC business if the market conditions are favorable and you have a well-established company with processes and procedures in place.
- Utilize low-interest rates and SBA loans to acquire other companies and expand your business.
- Learn from experienced professionals in the industry, such as Ken Goodrich and Billy Stevens, to better understand the strategies and tactics used in successful business
- This episode is kindly sponsored by Sera (visit their website) CompanyCam (visit their website), and UpFrog (visit their website) and Emerson (visit their website).
- Visit www.companycam.com/SBM and use code SBM for a free 2-week trial, 1:1 training and account setup, and 50% off your first two months!
- Join the Service Business Mastery Facebook group
Tune in to hear the latest and greatest in business services trends on Service Business Mastery on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and our website.
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Service Business Mastery in your favorite podcast player.