“In studying this and in teaching this, I’ve been able to get the buy-in that I need to when I walk into a room. I want to get to know you, I look at the way you talk, I listen to the words you use so that I can put in my brain more or less which of the realms you fall under. ”
Leadership is a skill. And like all skills, it can be learned. Sure, some people may possess good leadership skills from the get-go but they’re not impossible to pick up through practice. The trick is to never stop learning.
This is the kind of mindset that Sarah Hammond, President of Atlas Electrical Air Conditioning Refrigeration and Plumbing Services, Inc has consistently applied with her life. When she worked full time for the company in 2008, she had little to no practical knowledge about the company that her father and brother ran all their lives.
But with her strong determination to learn, Sarah learned the ropes and eventually took over as president four years later in 2012. This is the same attitude that she took with her when she realized that there was a lot of room for her to grow her leadership skills. Sarah understood that there was a lot to learn about people, and so she began the journey that would lead her to personality tests.
In this episode of the Service Business Mastery podcast, Sarah shares several nuggets of leadership wisdom with our hosts Tersh and Josh. The trio also talk about the customer disputes, how best to handle them, and the options contractors have in settling them.
In this episode we discuss:
- How taking this personality test can help you lead better
- Good leadership is all about tailoring your approach to different personalities
- How the Better Business Bureau can help contractors settle disputes with customers
Check out these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- This episode is kindly sponsored by Sera (visit their website) CompanyCam (visit their website), and UpFrog (visit their website).
- Visit www.companycam.com/SBM and use code SBM for a free 2-week trial, 1:1 training and account setup, and 50% off your first two months!
Meet the Guest:
Sarah Hammond is the President of Atlas Electrical Air Conditioning Refrigeration and Plumbing Services, Inc.
Tune in to hear the latest and greatest in business services trends on Service Business Mastery on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and our website.
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Service Business Mastery in your favorite podcast player.