“We need to raise a million dollars so that we never, ever have to worry about a woman who wants to get into this industry and doesn’t have the money to go to school.”
When Ruth King and friend set out to find other female technicians in the HVACR industry in 2002, they found only a single Canadian technician. But this discovery was only the beginning of an inspiring journey for Ruth and her organization, Women in HVACR. Through scholarships, mentorship, and ambassador initiatives, they have broken down barriers and given countless women the opportunity to pursue a career in the industry – and they’re not done yet. Who knows what unexpected success this organization could achieve next?
Women in HVACR started in 2002 with just 10 members, but after 20 years of tireless effort, the organization has grown to over 900 members. Their hard work has paid off, as they have received recognition and funded scholarships for women pursuing a career in HVACR. However, a shocking moment has left the protagonist questioning whether they can continue to make a difference in an industry still plagued by outdated attitudes. What the future holds for Women in HVACR is uncertain, but they remain committed to driving progress and promoting opportunities for women in the industry.
If you’re feeling frustrated, helpless, and discouraged after taking steps like attending professional conferences, joining industry groups, and networking without seeing any progress toward increased support and opportunities for women in the HVACR industry, then you are not alone!
On this episode of the Service Business Mastery podcast, hosts Tersh Blissett and Joshua Crouch interviewed Ruth King, a renowned author in business, leadership, and personal growth. The discussion covered a wide range of topics related to managing a successful and profitable business, including marketing, pricing, and human resources. As the recipient of the Flame of Spirit award, Ruth King shared invaluable insights on navigating the challenges of entrepreneurship, which could be beneficial to anyone looking to make a positive impact in the HVACR industry.
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Discover the possibilities and backing for women in the HVACR arena. Learn from Ruth King’s unwavering determination in a predominantly male industry.
- Explore financial aid opportunities for budding female HVACR experts.
- Uncover the advantages of a well-rounded and inclusive work environment.
- Delve into the significance of male advocates fostering gender parity in HVACR.
Check out these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- Visit the Women in HVACR website at womeninhvacr.org to learn more about the organization, its programs, and how to get involved.
- Join the Women in HVACR Facebook group for networking, mentorship, and support from other women in the industry.
- If you’re a woman in the HVACR industry or interested in joining, consider attending the annual Women in HVACR conference for valuable insights, networking opportunities, and professional development.
- This episode is kindly sponsored by Sera (visit their website) CompanyCam (visit their website), and UpFrog (visit their website).
- Visit www.companycam.com/SBM and use code SBM for a free 2-week trial, 1:1 training and account setup, and 50% off your first two months!
Meet the Guest:
Ruth King, CEO of Business Ventures Corporation
Ruth King is a renowned business expert whose mission is to impact the lives and businesses of entrepreneurs. With over two decades of experience, she has helped countless business owners achieve their goals through a range of tools and processes that focus on staying profitable.
She runs the Profitability Revolution Paradigm, the first internet TV network for small businesses. Her operations manuals are widely recognized for their effectiveness in helping plumbing, HVAC, and other contracting companies grow and sustain profitable businesses.With a focus on solving business problems and staying profitable, she continues to be a leader in the industry.
Tune in to hear the latest and greatest in business services trends on Service Business Mastery on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and our website.
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Service Business Mastery in your favorite podcast player.