In this episode of the Service Business Mastery podcast, hosts Tersh Blissett and Josh Crouch discuss valuable business insights with their guest, Jason Grooms. Jason shares his background as a son of a chicken farmer and his passion for mechanical work. After attending HVAC school and gaining experience in a big AC company, Jason started Absolute Climate Control in North Georgia. Together, they discuss the pain points of transitioning from technician to business owner and the challenges that come with it, as well as understanding the importance of processes and different ways to adjust and implement them within a company’s culture.
- Jason’s background from being a son of a chicken farmer [2:30]
- Being a technician turned business owner. [4:29]
- Jumping back into the truck after challenges. [6:30]
- The importance of technical training, process building, and support [10:19]
- How processes and help attain positive client success [12:55]
- Continued training on processes for success. [17:30]
- Takeaways from attending events and conferences. [19:25]
Resources And People Mentioned:
- This episode is kindly sponsored by Sera (visit their website) CompanyCam (visit their website), UpFrog (visit their website) and Emerson (visit their website).
- Visit www.companycam.com/SBM and use code SBM for a free 2-week trial, 1:1 training and account setup, and 50% off your first two months!
Meet the Hosts:
Tersh Blissett is a serial entrepreneur who has created and scaled multiple profitable home service businesses in his small-town market. He’s dedicated to giving back to the industry that has provided so much for him and his family. Connect with him on LinkedIn.
Joshua Crouch has been in the home services industry, specifically HVAC, for 8+ years as an Operations Manager, Branch Manager, Territory Sales Manager, and Director of Marketing. He’s also the Founder of Relentless Digital, where the focus is dominating your local market online. Connect with him on LinkedIn.
Tune in to hear the latest and greatest in business services trends on Service Business Mastery on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and our website.
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Service Business Mastery in your favorite podcast player.